The Final Push to Success!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Scirrio, May 22, 2017.

Join Us!

Join 27 dwarves online now at mc.the-warpath.com

By Scirrio on May 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM
  1. Scirrio

Scirrio Owner
    Owner

Hey everyone! It’s Scirrio here!

So, the past few days we’ve been struggling with the reset. We had a very buggy launch, where the whole staff team tirelessly pulled through to make everything work. For the most part, we succeeded, everybody was happy. Exactly 4 minutes after I went to bed, player vaults were being wiped, inventories cleared, mcmmo reset, and the list goes on. Our manager Liam along with the help of ObeyMe, Dazza and others, stayed up to 8 AM to fix what was going on.
    Everything was patched up and working correctly, but the Factions data was not recoverable.
    We decided to reset again, ensuring that everyone got a fair chance. We released again, this time adding new features / fixes such as:

- Tinkerer
    - Vote parties
    - Improved world border
    - Wild crate
    - Auto armor switcher
    - Correctly performed donor reward commands to keep the economy balanced

This time the reset went a lot better, bugs were patched within the hour (with the exception of a few). So the next morning I discovered our storage was completely filled after someone’s complaint of their inventory was reset. (This happened only to 2-3 people who will be obviously compensated.) I immediately restarted the server and whitelisted it to prevent further inventory loss. I can assure you everyone’s inventories/homes/balances/everything else are saved, and secure.

For the server to be up and running we are switching to a beefy Intel Core i7 6700k 4.2 GHz, 32GB DDR4 running at 2400 Mhz. We also obviously upgraded the storage of our system, we will be rocking out multiple large blazing fast SSD's and we will also purchase a separate database to keep backups on to ensure if something does go wrong, we’d have a very recent backup.

This whole incident has not only caused the players stress, and loads of negative emotion but has also caused for our senior staff team and I to have sleepless nights relentlessly working on the server patching bugs / issues without breaks, to make sure our players, who we really value and love, would be happy.

This will be the very last bit of downtime, we are preparing the server as we speak.
    Hope to see you soon!

- Scirrio & The Warpath Administration Team

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Scirrio, May 22, 2017.